George Müller’s List of Conditions
Back to Prayer Page
"Open your mouth wide..."
George Müller was greatly used of God in operating orphanages, and seeking wisdom and funds to operate those facilities through prayer alone. He also supported Hudson Taylor, C.T. Studd and a host of other missionaries out of the monies entrusted by God with him. He also supported over hundred schools in various parts of the world. His ability to gain answers was famous and still instructs believers at the present time.
1. “I have not the least doubt because I am assured that it is the Lord’s will to save them, for He willeth that all men should be saved, and come to the knowledge of the truth (1 Tim 2:4). Also, we have the assurance ‘that if we ask any thing according to his will, he heareth us.” (1John 5: 14)
2. “I have never pleaded for their salvation in my own name, but in the blessed name of my precious Lord Jesus, and on His merits alone.” (John 14: 14)
3. “I always firmly believed in the willingness of God to hear my prayers.” (Mark 11: 24)
4. “I am not conscious of having yielded to any sin, for ‘if I regard iniquity in my heart, the Lord will not hear me’ when I call.’” (Ps 66: 18)
5. “I have persevered in believing prayer for more than fifty-two years for some, and shall continue till the answer comes: ‘Shall not God avenge his own elect, which cry day and night unto him?”
George Müller, Narratives